In Need of a Compost Bin? Here’s Where to Find Them
Now that you’re up to speed on the dos and don’ts of the Downtown Alliance’s composting program, it’s time to put our bins to use!
As a reminder, composting helps mitigate climate change by keeping organic material out of the landfill, where tons of garbage already emit harmful greenhouse gasses. Plus, farmers could be using those nutrients to feed the soil and produce more food. But . . . where are these compost bins, one might ask? Well, we’ve got an answer. Here’s where you’ll find all our bin locations, available 24/7.
- Northwest corner of William and John streets
- Southeast corner of Platt and Gold streets
- Northwest corner of Maiden Lane and Pearl Street
- Northeast corner of Cedar and William streets
- Southwest corner of Wall and Pearl streets
- Southeast corner of Rector and Washington streets
- Southeast corner of Broad and Water streets
- Zuccotti Park (west side of Broadway between Liberty and Cedar streets)
- Northwest corner of Broadway and Park Place
- Bowling Green (inside the south entrance, subject to park hours)
One final note: If you want to get your friends aboard the composting choo-choo, then here’s a video that shows how easy it is to use these Bluetooth-connected receptacles.Tags: composting