POST YOUR PLATE!
Join us for Dine Around Downtown: Cooking at Home Edition
• Thursday, April 8, 4:00pm ET – HARRY’S with Executive Chef Joseph Mallol
• Thursday, April 22, 4:00pm ET – KESTÉ WALL STREET with Executive Chef Roberto Caporuscio
• Thursday, May 6, 4:00pm ET – THE FULTON with Executive Chef Noah Poses
AFTER EACH COOKING DEMONSTRATION, POST YOUR PLATE FOR THE CHANCE TO WIN A COMPLIMENTARY 30-MINUTE PRIVATE COOKING CLASS WITH THE CHEF
Contest Terms & Conditions
The Dine Around Downtown: Cooking at Home Edition Post Your Plate! contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by the Alliance for Downtown New York, Inc. (the “Downtown Alliance” or “Sponsor”).
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents age 18 and older of the United States, its territories and possessions. Participants must have either a valid social security number or a U.S. personal tax identification to participate. Employees of Sponsor, the restaurants participating in Dine Around Downtown: Cooking at Home Edition and members of their immediate families or members of the same household are not eligible to enter. The Contest is governed by the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A. The Contest is void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Whip-up your best version of the recipe featured in the Cooking at Home Demonstration and post a picture of your plate to Instagram with #DineAroundAtHome and @downtownnyc for a chance to win. The entry window for posting begins at the end of each Cooking at Home demonstration and is open until the following Monday at 11:59pm EDT. Multiple entries are allowed. If you do not have access to Instagram and wish to participate, you may submit a photo via email to firstname.lastname@example.org during the time frame described in this paragraph.
Any dispute regarding submission of an entry will be deemed submitted. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process. The Downtown Alliance is the sole authority for this Contest.
3. PRIZE: There will be one (1) prizewinner (each, a “Winner”) for each Cooking at Home demonstration. Each Winner will receive a complimentary 30-minute private cooking class with the chef from the demonstration of the featured recipe (each, a “Prize” and collectively, “Prizes”). The Prizes are not transferable and cannot be assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value in the event that the stated Prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of Sponsor.
4. PRIZE DETAILS: The Downtown Alliance shall notify the Winner of each Cooking at Home demonstration via Instagram Direct by Friday of the week following the relevant demonstration. Winner shall be invited to contact the chef, within five (5) business days, via Instagram Direct and the Winner and chef shall select a mutually agreeable day and time for the 30-minute private cooking class. The Downtown Alliance will not be responsible for scheduling the private cooking class nor will it participate in the class. Each Prize is valid through, and must be used by, May 31, 2021, and has a retail value of up to $1,000. Winners will not receive the difference between actual and approximate retail value. Sponsor will not be responsible for any loss, liability, injury or damage arising out of any Winner’s acceptance or use of any Prize. Each Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied.
5. SELECTION OF WINNERS: The top three photos from each Cooking at Home demonstration will be chosen by the Downtown Alliance staff as finalists based on elements such as impact, composition, creativity, style and presentation. Each chef shall select the Winner from among the three finalists. Decisions are final in all respects. Approximate odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Winners will be notified by the Downtown Alliance via Instagram Direct by Friday of the week following the relevant Cooking at Home demonstration. Each Winner must reply to the Prize notification within five (5) business days and then contact the applicable chef within another five (5) business days or such Winner will be disqualified and Prize will be awarded to an alternate winner. Return of Prize will result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner by the chef. Acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission from each Winner for Sponsor to use such Winner’s photo submission, name, address (city and state only) and/or likeness for advertising, trade, promotional advertising or media purposes without further compensation or authorization, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, unless prohibited by law.
6. CONDITIONS: By entering, participants agree to be bound by these complete Contest Terms & Conditions. Entry in the Contest constitutes permission from participant for Sponsor to use any and all photo submissions for advertising, trade, promotional advertising or media purposes without further authorization from any participant, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor is not liable for late, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, garbled or jumbled, stolen or illegible entries or for printing, distribution or production errors. Sponsor is not liable for any technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer internet system, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Contest, or other technical difficulties or failures or other errors of any kind. Sponsor is not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or third person’s computer and/or its contents, related to or resulting from this Contest. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Contest will be ineligible for a Prize and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or modify the Contest at any time for any reason.
7. LIABILITY: BY PARTICIPATING, ENTRANTS AND THE WINNERS AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, ALLIANCE FOR DOWNTOWN NEW YORK INC., FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, FOR LOSS, HARM, DAMAGE, INJURY, COST OR EXPENSE WHATSOEVER INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH WHICH MAY OCCUR IN CONNECTION WITH, PREPARATION FOR, OR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST, OR POSSESSION, ACCEPTANCE AND/OR USE OR MISUSE OF PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY AND FOR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, INVASION OF PRIVACY, COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT, TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT OR ANY OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY-RELATED CAUSE OF ACTION. THE FOREGOING LIABILITIES ARE TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. THESE CONTEST TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND THE INTERPRETATION OF THEIR TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK.
8. SPONSOR: Alliance for Downtown New York, Inc., 120 Broadway, Suite 3340, New York, NY 10271.