That Farm-Share Lyfe: Sign Up for Fulton Stall Market’s Fall Goodies
The season of hearty autumn produce is upon us: For all the fruits, mushrooms, jams and other autumnal provisions, Fulton Stall Market has launched its fall community-supported farm share at its 91 South Street market.
Beginning Monday, September 26, you can opt into a number of farm shares replete with locally harvested perishables like blueberry yogurt, black bean hummus, smoked onion jam, gourds, cheeses and vegan-friendly meals. Farms participating in the CSA come from all over the tri-state area, so by signing up you’re supporting local businesses in addition to netting tasty nibbles.
See below for a sampling of the items and vendors you’ll find in this season’s CSA:
- Vegetables from the rich organic soils of Rogowski Farm, plus weekly recipes and tastings of farm-made kale & spinach pesto, pickles, black bean hummus, or smoked onion jam. (NY).
- Fruits & Berries from Breezy Hill Orchard (NY).
- Sprouts from Union Square Grassman (NY).
- Eggs from Knoll Krest Farm from free range hens (NY).
- Mushrooms from Bulich Mushroom Farm (NY).
- Farmstead cheeses (cow, goat, sheep) rotation from Hawthorne Valley Farm (NY), Ardith Mae Farmstead (NY), Riverine Ranch (NJ), Cato Corner Farm, (CT), Valley Shepherd Creamery (NJ) and Tonjes Farm (NY).
- Heat-and-Serve quiches and pot pies from Knoll Krest Farm (NY).
- Pasta from Knoll Krest Farm from free range hens (NY).
- Artisanal bread from local grains from Orwashers Bakery (NY).
- Wild-caught ocean fish from Pura Vida Fisheries’ daily sustainable catch (Long Island).
- Pasture-raised heritage chicken from Greenane Farms (NY).
- Pasture-raised beef (water buffalo) from Riverine Ranch (NJ).
- Pasture-raised pork from Hawthorne Valley Farm (NY).
- Steelhead trout and lox from Hudson Valley Fisheries (NY).
- Buffalo Dairy from Riverine Ranch with buffalo mozzarella, blueberry yogurt, labneh, paneer, milk, and lassi from a Certified River-Friendly Farm (NJ).
- Healthy Meal for two from Chef Zora at FSM’s Seasonal Kitchen. Weekly rotation of locally sourced meals with Mediterranean flavors.
Sign-ups, prices and pickup times can be found at Fulton Stall Market’s website.Tags: Fulton Stall Market