How to Support Ukrainians in a Time of Crisis
The ongoing Russian invasion of Ukraine has devastated the nation and prompted hundreds of thousands of Ukrainian citizens to flee. It can be hard to feel helpless watching war unfold from here in New York, a city with a thriving Ukrainian-American population and a history of providing a safe haven for those forced out of their homelands. There are ways to aid Ukrainians and Ukrainian refugees right now – we’ve rounded up a few for you.
- UNICEF has launched a fund aimed directly at supporting their work with children in Ukraine. You can donate here.
- CARE is seeking donations for their Ukraine crisis fund. You can donate here.
- The International Rescue Committee has dispatched aid workers to Poland, where Ukrainian refugees are seeking safe haven. They’re looking for funds to support their efforts, as well as their efforts with Syrian, Afghani and Yemeni refugees, which you can provide here.
- The UN Refugee Agency seeks to help Ukrainian refugees looking to find safe harbor in the United States. You can donate here.
- The Ukrainian Congress of America, a non-profit organization based in New York, is seeking support for humanitarian efforts in Ukraine. You can donate here.
photo: iStockTags: ukraine