New Zucker’s Bagels Location Breaks Out Fresh Gravlax, More Elbow Room
Last month, Zucker’s Bagels moved from its longtime haunt at 146 Chambers St. to a more spacious address across the street (143 Chambers St.). And the Downtown Alliance is here to report that, indeed, there are plenty more tables and stools to bend those arms upward and feast on smoked fish. The previous location could definitely get cramped during the hungrier hours — blessedly, that is no longer an issue.
On a recent mid-morning visit, we sat down with a gravlax sandwich on everything with cream cheese, red onions and capers.
A classic, to be sure, and one that should not discourage you from their menu’s hearty sandwiches that include:
- the Alton Brown: smoked trout, cream cheese, avocado, horseradish, fish row
- the Delancey: eggs, corned beef pastrami, breakfast potato latke, sauteed onions, Swiss cheese
- Chelsea club: chicken salad, cheddar, smoked bacon, beefsteak tomatoes, lettuce, red onions
- the Fidi: chipotle salmon, chipotle cream cheese, avocado, pico de gallo
- the Flatiron: everything-seeded salmon, scallion, cream cheese, avocado
They also have about a dozen omelets from which to choose, in case 10:30 in the morning is somehow too early for delicatessen wizardry.
One final note: The kitchen assembled that gravlax number fast, and the store was busy filling several orders at the time. We expect that they’ll have little issue handling your order for delivery in case you can’t escape the office to test out their new digs.
Zucker’s is open daily from 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.Tags: zucker's