E-Waste Drop-Off and Shred-A-Thon Alert!
Round up all the old widgets and unwanted documents that are collecting dust and bring them over to Fulton Street (between Ryders Alley and Cliff Street) for the Downtown Alliance’s dual shred-a-thon and electronics drop-off Saturday, April 30 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. A parked shredding truck will securely dispose of and recycle all your sensitive documents, tax receipts, junk mail and old bills (staples and paperclips are okay).
What can you bring, you ask? A great question:
- Computers (laptops, desktops, servers, mainframes)
- Monitors (CRT and flatscreen)
- Handheld devices (smartphones, tablets, MP3 players, e-readers)
- Network devices (routers, hubs, modems)
- Peripherals (keyboards, mice, cables, cords, chargers)
- Components (hard drives, CD-ROMs, circuit boards, power supplies)
- Printers under 50 pounds, scanners, fax-machines
- DVD and Blu-ray players, Digital Converter Boxes, Cable/Satellite Receivers
- Video-game consoles and accessories
- Cell phones, pagers, PDAs
Leave your home appliances such as microwaves, refrigerators, air conditioners, or ionization smoke detectors/carbon-monoxide detectors (those that are labeled as containing radioactive material) at home, as these will not be accepted at the event. Use the Department of Sanitation’s handy How to Get Rid of… tool to dispose of these items properly.
For paper shredding, we ask that you limit to three boxes or garbage bags per person so that we can accomodate everyone.
Rain or shine, the Alliance will be there to dispose of your unwanted items and help support the environment at the same time. So mark your calendars!Tags: shred-a-thon