Welcome to Lower Manhattan 2.0!
Yesterday the Alliance for Downtown New York announced the latest version of its “Downtown NYC” mobile application. Originally launched to help tourists, residents and workers discover the latest events going on below Chambers Street, this new app now features information on all of Lower Manhattan’s renowned cultural institutions, retailers, restaurants, hotels, meeting space and more.
“Better than ever, our new, on-the-go application is the perfect tool to communicate to Lower Manhattan’s 310,000 workers, 10 million annual tourists and 56,000 residents all of the great things happening here,” said Elizabeth H. Berger, president of the Downtown Alliance. “From the latest shopping deals to important construction alerts, the Downtown NY app is your pocket guide to everything Lower Manhattan!”
Updated features of the app include:
– shopping and dining information
– maps of the neighborhood
– cultural institutions
– daily cultural, community, and culinary events
– an improved “Where To Go” section
– a new favorites section, allowing you to mark your favorite events and locations to save for later
– a new search section, allowing you to search events or locations to find exactly what you are looking for
– special events and holidays
The app, originally launched last summer, is supported by iPhone and iPad platforms. It is available in Apple’s iTunes App Store by searching for “Downtown NYC” or by clicking HERE. The Downtown Alliance collaborated on the development of this application with I-SITE, an interactive design and marketing firm.Tags: Liz Berger, Lower Manhattan