Dive Into Fun On City Of Water Day
By: Caroline De Tino
On Saturday, July 14 from 10 AM to 4 PM, unleash your nautical side and watch out for the ship masts because City of Water Day is sailing its way to the Seaport District for its eleventh year!
City of Water Day, organized by the Waterfront Alliance, is a one of a kind, once a year festival that encourages people to visit and explore the New York Harbor and its surrounding waterways. This popular festival interactively educates about our waterfronts and waterways and enhances public waterfront access via kayaking, fishing, boat tours, activities for children, and more.
Explore all the New York Harbor has to offer with free activities for kids and families including:
- Breathtaking narrated boat tours around the historic “Street of Ships” and all the maritime services that impact us today
- A creative race on a self-made cardboard kayak, highlighting recreational options offered in and around the New York Harbor
- Face painting, fishing, arts and crafts for children
- Hands-on activities and waterfront musical and dance performances
- Activities celebrating the Bicentennial of the Erie Canal
- Guided tours of the historic South Street Seaport
Plus a plethora of City of Water Day In Your Neighborhood events unlocking access to over 700 miles of some of our region’s waterfront. Learn to canoe, explore wetlands, and more, all in your own neighborhood!
More information on City of Water Day, and events can be found here.