Skip to main content

Community

Hive at 55 – Common Theme: Food?

Hive at 55 – Common Theme: Food?

Here at the Hive we are definitely getting a variety of members. We've seen start-up companies, the occasional journalist, a lot of freelancers, and...

Happy Hours, Meetups, Mashups and More!

Happy Hours, Meetups, Mashups and More!

This was an exciting week at the Hive.  We hosted our first monthly happy hour on Tuesday, which felt like a great milestone.  It was nice to see...

Picture Downtown

Picture Downtown

Greenwich South graces the cover of Architect Magazine (apologies for the fuzziness). We already posted about this, but Greenwich South is near and...

Re:Construction

Re:Construction

This is the first of many Re:Construction-related posts to come, so I’ll begin with a brief description: Re:Construction is a program that recasts...

Greenwich South wins Progressive Architecture Award

Greenwich South wins Progressive Architecture Award

As a winner of Architect Magazine's Progressive Architecture, Greenwich South is featured across the...

The Art of Rebuilding Lower Manhattan

The Art of Rebuilding Lower Manhattan

By Liz Berger “The shapes arise!” Walt Whitman wrote. “Shapes of factories, arsenals, foundries, markets; shapes of the two-threaded tracks of...

COMMUNITY BOARD #1

COMMUNITY BOARD #1

PRELIMINARYCOMMUNITY BOARD #1COMMITTEE MEETING AGENDASJANUARY 2010Please note that this is a preliminary list and changes may be made to these...

Record Setting Year in NYC Crime Reduction

Record Setting Year in NYC Crime Reduction

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEDecember 28, 2009No. 556www.nyc.gov MAYOR BLOOMBERG AND POLICE COMMISSIONER KELLY ANNOUNCE 2009 WAS ANOTHER RECORD SETTING...

WiFi Upgrade 9.0: Six Up, Three to Go!

WiFi Upgrade 9.0: Six Up, Three to Go!

After my first post on this subject, I was worried. After all, we were having serious issues with our Internet provider. For example, instead of...

WiFi 9.0 Upgrade

WiFi 9.0 Upgrade

As the MIS Director and our online communications guy, I'm actually quite fortunate because I get to work on a number of really interesting projects,...

Round, round git around, I git around…

Round, round git around, I git around…

What’s grey, white and black, weighs approximately 14,000 pounds and moves close to 800,000 people a year from place to place? No, it’s not a...

Our Little Secret

Our Little Secret

I’m walking down a dark street: filled with graffiti, drug dealers (and users), and smells that I will not describe to you, gentle reader.And I’m...