Skip to main content

Community

Play Ball!

Play Ball!

The Downtown Alliance supports the Downtown Little League, which kicks off the season this coming Saturday with a parade and carnival featuring Mr....

A Successful Year in the Books at the Hive

A Successful Year in the Books at the Hive

By Brian DiFeo, Hive at 55 Community ManagerYes, it's been more than a year since the Hive at 55 opened its doors in Lower Manhattan as the only...

Meet Our Staff: Joseph Timpone

Meet Our Staff: Joseph Timpone

Joseph Timpone is no stranger to Business Improvement Districts. His work with them began at the New York City Department of Sanitation before he...

A New Year’s Toast for Lower Manhattan

A New Year’s Toast for Lower Manhattan

By Liz BergerNew Year’s is a time to consider the past and make resolutions for the future, a time of reflection and dreaming, reckoning and...

Finding Your Way

Finding Your Way

Downtown Alliance provides wayfinding signage around Lower Manhattan

Meet Downtown Alliance Public Safety Supervisor German Rosario

Meet Downtown Alliance Public Safety Supervisor German Rosario

Every day, German Rosario patrols the streets of Downtown, offering directions and guidance, and keeping the peace. And every day, he’s all...

A Conversation With Re:Construction Artist Richard Pasquarelli

A Conversation With Re:Construction Artist Richard Pasquarelli

There’s a place in Lower Manhattan where the clouds float only a few feet above street level. Walk over to the corner of Barclay and Greenwich...

Meet Downtown Alliance Sanitation Supervisor Carl Homward

Meet Downtown Alliance Sanitation Supervisor Carl Homward

Every day at 4:00 AM, Carl Homward begins his hour-long commute from Canarsie, Brooklyn to Lower Manhattan, where he serves as Sanitation Supervisor...

Downtown’s Newest Dining Room

Downtown’s Newest Dining Room

Midtown may have Pop-Tarts, but Downtown has a pop-up.Just in time for refreshing fall weather, the New York City Department of Transportation has...

Bringing Wi-Fi to the Elevated Acre

Bringing Wi-Fi to the Elevated Acre

A crowd gathered beneath us, about 14 stories below, wondering what we were doing. However, after we mounted the Wi-Fi radio, they happily realized...

Hive at 55 Getting Bigger and Better with Age

Hive at 55 Getting Bigger and Better with Age

It’s hard to believe, but the Hive at 55 is now 6-months old. Yesterday, we raised a glass and celebrated this anniversary with friends,...

The adventures of a tourist information officer

The adventures of a tourist information officer

As I prepared to retire from IBM in 2005, someone asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said I wanted to be a tour guide. Happily, my wish...